I second this.  It would be really nice to see the actual build number
created in the response somewhere when using the api build and
buildWithParameters calls.  We can try to figure it out based on the
nextBuildNumber, plus parsing through the queue/api/xml output, but it
is not guaranteed.

I created a Jira for this, hopefully "core" is the right Component?
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-12827