This is partially what the jenkins maven repository plugin [1] was built
for -- each build is exposed as a separate build repository, so you don't
need to go copying things around.

What we do is :

1) Install the plugin
2) Add the following to the jenkins settings.xml  [2]:
3) In the downstream project, add "-Pupstream" into the maven settings
4) Check the 'Define upstream maven repository' checkbox (build
environment), and set the upstream build that you want to add as a build
repository.

There is a bug to do with snapshot IDs in the current version - there is a
patch that is in master, but I haven't had a chance to roll a release with
it yet. I'd use 0.6.1 until it's fixed if you rely on SNAPSHOT artifacts..

[1]
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Jenkins+Maven+Repository+Server

[2]
<profile>