Hi folks,

I am going nuts here ...
I want to create an action that composes and sends an email
notification if a build has been build and was tested successfully.

My idea was to implement a promotion into the release build job that
has to promoted manually. This way can managers and tester simple send
the delivery mail without me and we are getting more agile on
delivery.

The promotion triggers a trailing job that copies an artifact from the
release build job. This artifact contains the mail body with dynamic
content like name, region, version number and a shortlink to our
download location.

I have been able to strip this content and manipulate it to my needs
BUT I have to place it in a persistent variable in order to bring the
content to the editable email notofication plugin.

The problem is that the variable is gone as soon as the build step is
finished.
Does someone have an idea how to approach this or maybe even a
completely different approach?

Any help is appreciate.

Take care
Jan