You do not exactly come clean on what kind of "data" it is you are looking for.

If you want access to promoted build artifacts, Copy Artifacts plugin
gives that in the triggered build in Specific build -> Last promoted
(from memory, might not be 100% correct, but I did use it a few weeks
ago.)

If it is something else you want, you could maybe send it over as a
parameter. Use the parameterized trigger in the promotion action to
send what ever "data" you want to pass to the triggered job.

-- Sami