I'm having issues with the latest version of AD plugin. It takes my
login as "dweintraub", but recognizes me as user "David Weintraub". If
I put "David Weintraub" in the security based matrix table, It shows
up as an invalid user, but this seems to be the credentials I'm
reading.

Downgrade to AD plugin 1.26. I still can't get it to recognize my groups.

By the way, what are you doing with the command line? Jenkins is a
purely web-based application, and the configuration is carried out via
the webpage. You setup the authentication by going into the "Mange
Jenkins" link on the main page, then select the "Configure System"
item in the Manage Jenkins list.

--
David Weintraub
qazw...@gmail.com