Perhaps an overactive antivirus application?
Do you seen any errors or exceptions in Artifactory's log files after
the broken upload is performed?
When looking at Artifactory's request.log, the last column of each
entry represents the request's content length; try to find the entry
of the problematic deployment request and see if the logged size
complies to the actual one.