I would try *IF EXIST .git\lock del .git\lock*
DOS has some weird behaviour. Sometimes it insists on a proper indention on
other occassions does it not care about it.
With this formatting is this problem part of the past.

What about Jenkins Workspace Cleanup
Plugin<http://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Workspace+Cleanup+Plugin>
?
I have been deleting manually before I learned of this plugin. A nice
feature is that you also can delete at build start.

HTH
Jan