I'm trying to build a CI workflow in my company, using Gradle, Jenkins and
Artifactory. I'm new to all of these, so there's a chance I'm asking
trivial questions.

I've setup my repository to use unique snapshots, which require the
versions to have a 14 digit timestamp. For example:

1.0.0-20120529100003

But I'm having a hard time finding an easy way to generate these timestamps
into the version. I was expecting that this would be automatically
supported by either Jenkins or Gradle (I understand that Maven 3 has such a
flow), but couldn't find any reference to such a capability.

Am I supposed to code this in Gradle myself? Are there any best practices
regarding how to do this? My Artifactory repository is configured for the
gradle-default layout (ivy-like), not maven.

Thanks