On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Nicky Ramone <nixe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have been using Tomcat for some time now to deploy Jenkins. We will
> probably put this behind an Apache Httpd so that we can redirect from a URL
> with no port.
> Example: We would forward http://jenkins.ourinstance.com/ to
> http://jenkins.ourinstance.com:8080/jenkins
>
> I was wondering if there are other suggestions for the deployment. The
> instructions seems to use the embedded Winstone that comes with Jenkins.
> What other deployment schemes do you have/suggest, especially for port
> redirect?

I think it works nicely with winstone and the apache ajp proxy.   I
have other things being proxied by the same apache front end so I set
both the jenkins url path and the ajp port for jenkins.  With the
RHEL/Centos rpm package you can do this in /etc/sysconfig/jenkins with
a line like:
  JENKINS_ARGS="--prefix=/jenkins --ajp13Port=8010"
and then add this to /etc/httpd/conf.d/proxy_ajp.conf:
  ProxyPass /jenkins/ ajp://localhost:8010/jenkins/

Other distos may put the config changes in different places.
Also, I made an empty directory /var/www/html/jenkins as a quick fix
so the default apache settings would send a redirect if you omit the
trailing slash on /jenkins/.   There is probably a cleaner way to
accomplish that...

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikes...@gmail.com