On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 8:50 PM, Sami Tikka <sjti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, you have a number of jobs that are mostly identical but there's a
> little bit that should work differently for them.
>
> To me this sounds like a perfect case of multi-configuration job.
> https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Building+a+matrix+project
>
> Essentially, Jenkins will run your job a number of times but each run
> will have a different value for an environment variable. You can then
> vary the build behavior based on the environment variable.

This actually sounds good for us?

* Is there any way to do inter-matrix-job dependencies - or possibly a
way to trigger another build for some of the matrix points?
* Will jobs share the same checkout on disk or will a different
checkout be created for each point in the matrix?
* Can some points in the matrix be hardwired to certain nodes? (for
example mac <-> windows)

 - bram