Here comes the shameless plug...

you might be interested in the RBAC plugin by CloudBees, in conjunction
with the Folders plugin you'll be going "Oh yeah"... of course you need to
pay to get the RBAC plugin... if you don't want to pay there are other
plugins that can do some of the things, but last time I did some checks
none of the others supported all the use cases I wrote the RBAC plugin to
handle.

The Folders plugin is free (registration required) but not OSS.

-Stephen

This ends the shameless plug on behalf of my employers.