It happens on all build step types.

The elements for the button are:

<input name="stapler-class" value="hudson.tasks.BatchFile" type="hidden">
<input value="Delete" class="repeatable-delete" type="button">

This is different to the other buttons I can see on the page, which
have ids and indexes:

<button type="button" tabindex="0" id="yui-gen21-button">Save</button>

Thanks for your help!