On Friday, August 17, 2012 5:56:29 PM UTC-4, qazwart wrote:

> On Aug 17, 2012, at 5:12 PM, bl0ck3r <martin....@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> > Well, I think what I am trying to achieve is simple: promote a build
> while another build is running on the same project
>
> Wait a second. Is the problem your copying in files to a project while a
> build is running or copying files out of a build while a second build on
> that project is running?

What confused me is that the "Copy Artifact" (which is recommended by the
Promoted Builds Plugin as the solution for not interfering with the
workspace) does offer as a default value, the workspace as the target
directory for the copy of the archived artifact. When I changed the target
directory to be an absolute path outside of the workspace, it worked. This
was counter intuitive to me.

> Anything you want to save should be "archived" which is a post build step.
> Archived artifacts are kept for each build, so they're not overwritten when
> a new build starts. You can copy out archived artifacts w/o affecting the
> currently running build.

Only if I the target directory for the copy is NOT the workspace.

Martin