HI,
After playing around with jenkins UI, I found that the form located in
[1] allows user to enter a authentication mechanism and
other relevant information for the svn repository. So If I do the same by
POSTing
correct parameters programmatically  (i.e. HttpClient) it would solve my
problem right?
Or is there any other (/more elegent) way of doing this?
Or is it possible to send this information along with job configuration xml
?

[1]
http://<JENKINS_SERVER>/job/<JOB_NAME>/descriptorByName/hudson.scm.SubversionSCM/enterCredential?<SVN_REPO_URL>

Regards