You could also set Jenkins home (JENKINS_HOME) to be somewhere that
doesn't require those permissions.

Sent from my Windows Phone
From: Richard Bywater
Sent: 9/1/2012 9:26 PM
To: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: problem installing plug-ins on windows pc
Are you using Windows Vista/7/2008 or something similar? If so I
wouldn't be suprised if there was a UAC-related issue trying to
install the plugins into the Program Files folder (which requires
admin privileges I believe)

When we installed onto 2008 Server we installed into a non-program
files directory to avoid problems like this.

Richard.