There is a build description setter plugin that we've used in the past to add a
description to each build based on information which the plugin parses from the
build log file.  We used it to report the "generated version number" of the
build.  That doesn't add an additional column, rather it adds another row below
each build's existing build number and end date/time.

Mark Waite

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Description+Setter+Plugin