I have the same question regarding Windows slaves, specifically in Amazon
E2.

Our Jenkins master is running on a Windows server inside the company
firewall, not accessible from outside. I can create build machines on E2
with public IP addresses.

The question is how to get them to talk.

I have gotten OpenVPN 2.2 working on a couple of local machines. It wasn’t
too hard (after I got it working J).

It seems that the machine that has the public IP would have to be
configured as the OpenVPN server so that a hidden machine could connect to
it. But that would mean that the Jenkins server would be configured as an
OpenVPN client.

I can see this working for one cloud slave, but not for 20. Tin that case
20 instances of OpenVPN client would need to run on the server. Right?

Any ideas on this?

Thanks
Richard