I use this technique frequently with good results.  One machine has been able
to host slaves from different masters for me so long as I assign a different
directory to each slave.  In my case, I include the name of the master in the
slave directory path so that I will now which master is using that directory
based on the path to the slave directory.

/var/lib/jenkins/markwaite2-slave/ is the path (on the slave) for a slave that
is serving the markwaite2 Jenkins master.

Mark Waite