I have installed Jenkins ver. 1.482 on an ubuntu machine and added a slave on
another Ubuntu machine. Under "Jenkins ->Configuration" I have added jdk5,
jdk6 and jdk7 and checked install from java.sun.com.

Some of the jobs run on the slave needs to be build with jdk5 so in the
relevant job configuration I specify jdk5 (which I have specified in
theglobal configuration).

But on my slave I only have jdk7 and jdk6 in /usr/lib/jvm. Is the jdk
specification on the master passed to the slave or will it only work if I
also installed jdk5 on my slave?

Currently the jdk5 job fails if I specify jdk5 in the job configuration -
even though it build fine locally with jdk5.