By the way, you don't want to keep that behaviour in mind too long (I mean,

Thanks to Kohsuke, Jenkins is actually now gonna lazy-load build results:
see
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/jenkinsci-dev/ri5E9LW2kDo/G3NMc65rWpcJ
.

It's already in the trunk, so it should be out in a release version in some
weeks.

Cheers

2012/10/3 Ben Erridge <b...@cyberoblivion.com>

> Rob Thanks discarding old builds seems to have done it.
>

> On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 12:51:23 PM UTC-4, Mandeville, Rob wrote:
>
>>  How many runs of these builds do you have hanging around?  I had this
>> problem before, and it appeared that the results of every build (except for
>> the log files and the artifacts) are held in memory.  In my case, I stored
>> the environment of every build I ran and our environments get really big
>> (as in, classpaths get truncated for exceeding Linux’s max size for
>> environment variable values).  Trimming down to (say) the last week of
>> builds helped out a lot.
>>

>> Also, you may want to explicitly set your max heap space, but that’s more
>> a Java 7 thing than a Jenkins thing.
>>

>> --Rob

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !