Kenneth wrote:

> I'm trying to setup jenkins to monitor a solution with C++ and C# in multiple
> solutions, but in one repository.
> (VS 2005 and .NET 2.0)
>
> How should I configure jenkins to build and test it?
>
> my suggested alternatives are:
> a) one job for each solution? - rather large jobs
> b) one job for each project? - many jobs. How do I handle the project
> interdependencies?
[snip]

We use one job per solution, and it's working fine for us. It does mean we
can't treat the components as independent entities, but that isn't currently an
issue for us. Were I in your shoes, I'd ask myself what the benefit of going to
a job per project would be, and whether it would be worth it.

If I were to decide to go with a job per project, I'd probably have one job to
check out the source*, and one job per project, with those jobs ordered by hand
using post-build job triggers and the join plugin. They'd all have to use the
same working directory.

* In my case, the first job would also run cmake to generate the project files,
but it doesn't sound like that applies to you.

--
Todd Greer
Director of Development, Affinegy, Inc.