I want to make an automatic approve/promote ONE commit at a time with
multiple git repositories.

Background:

The issue is that a commits is too often breaking the product(dev env) and
causing productivity issues for the team.

- 10 git repositories.

- all 10 has unit tests.

- 50 Jenkins jobs integration tests are running.

- Integration tests "find" many issues that is very hard to test for in
unit tests.

We have resources to run the a large set of integration test on every
commit.  The issue is to serialize the commits and rejects commits that
break integration tests.

I am sure I am NOT the first to want to do this type of thing. Do anybody
have a pointer to a description on who somebody have done this before?  My
web search has been without results.

What I am thinking of using is a combination of Jenkins, Gerrit [1],
the Gerrit/Android tool 'repo' [2], Gerrit trigger plugin [3] Multijob
plugin [4], and possibly Repo plugin [5].

If anybody have been able to accomplish the desired serialization of
commits across git repositories I would VERY much like to know how.  Any
information is of interest. As little as listing the tools is of interest.

Regards

Asmund

[1] http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/

[2] http://code.google.com/p/git-repo/