I started work on a plugin that would allow you to label jobs to group them
together by using the JobProperty [1] extension point. I didn't get too far
(nothing usable) before I shelved it due to time and work load. You might
want to look into that extension point. I envisioned a way similar to
labeling nodes to allow you to label jobs that you could make use of in
filters for dashboards, and other uses.

[1]
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Extension+points#Extensionpoints-hudson.model.JobProperty

-- Larry