That seems to indicate that the Jenkins user can't read the
/home/casper/git/4xS/.git directory.

Since you've confirmed that the Jenkins user can run the git command, could you
also confirm that the Jenkins user can successfully run the command:

 /usr/bin/git ls-remote -h file:///home/casper/git/4xS/.git HEAD