Hi

We use Jenkins to run regression tests on our C++ console application.  Each
test consists of a bash script that typically runs the application with defined
test parameters and then compares the output files with reference files using
'diff'.

I am now thinking of moving from bash scripts to Python.  My expectation is
that Python will be much easier to code.

To use Python, would I still use an "Execute shell" build step and specify the
following?

 /path/to/build.py -i

When using a bash script, I know that the test will fail if any script command
fails.  In an equivalent Python program should I just ensure that my Python
program returns an error code if any test step fails?

Best regards

David