I would have thought that through the use of the Cygpath plugin my Windows
system I would be able to use the Cygwin installed git.

I know that the git executable is installed:

[Ryan@Windows /cygdrive/c/Projects]
$ cygpath -C ANSI -w `which git`
C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\git

I have provided the Tool Location for the Windows node: /user/local/bin/git

This provides an error. I have the full error if it is relavant. But I
think these two errors say everything necessary.

Error trying to determine the git version: Error performing command:
/user/local/bin/git --version
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/user/local/bin/git":
CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

So I said to heck with Cygpath; I will just provide the full executable
from Windows (e.g., C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\git) in the Tool Location for
the Windows node. Which led to this error

Error trying to determine the git version: Command
"C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\git --version" returned status code -1073741515:
Caused by: hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Command
"C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\git clone -o origin
g...@our-git-repo.com:testing.git C:\jenkins\workspace\Git
Clone\label\Windows" returned status code -1073741515:

These errors have to do with the Cygwin environment not being loaded. I am
not sure what to do about that.

Suggestions?