im trying to get jenkins 1.492-1.1 working on a new install.. the server is
behind a firewall and must use a proxy server for
internet connectivity. I have confirmed that the jenkins server CAN in fact
reach the proxy server via a manual telnet test. the
prbolem is that when i go to manage jenkins -> Manage Plugins I can not get any
plugins on the "available" tab. Also on the
"advanced" tab, i click the "check now" button and I never see jenkins make any
attempt to reach the proxy. I have the proxy
server and proxy port filled out correctly (no username or password).  Ive
tried setting the debug to 9 and restarting, but I
never see anything in the logs about trying to get updates. Any ideas on what
to do to troubleshoot this? I have reinstalled
this twice and cannot get it to work.

Jason