The place I work with made the silly choice of using SCVMM for our
private VMM provisioning service (which is weird because we're nearly
a 100% linux shop). It doesn't seem like there's a lot of an
open-source glue ecosystem built around it.

Either way, what could be done is have the script that runs the slaves
execute the rollback command (there's a SOAP API for it), but to get
that scripted together, I think I need to somehow tell the slave to
execute only one job then terminate, so I could have something like
this:

#!/bin/bash

make-checkpoint.sh
execute-jenkins-slave.sh # executes one job then terminates
rollback-to-checkpoint.sh

Is that somehow possible?

Thanks,
Andrew

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Neerenberg, Aaron
<aaron.neerenb...@fei.com> wrote:
> One option if you are using VMWare slaves is to have them revert back to
> snapshot after the build completes.
>
> -Aaron

Andrew Melo