From: Stuart Lorber
Sent: 12/19/2012 7:14 AM
To: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Hudson to Jenkins migration
I've read on the Jenkins site that I can replace the hudson.war file with the
jenkins.war file by backing up the hudson.war file and renaming the
jenkins.war file to hudson.war.

If I use a 1.3x jenkins.war file which is compatible with hudson 2.2.1
config format and after change over upgrade to latest jenkins version....

Does this make sense?

If I use the .war file rename how will jenkins know that it should replace
the jenkins.war file (renamed to hudson.war)?

Which 1.3x version should I start with for the migration?

I can't seem to find the .deb installers for anything earlier than the
latest.  The archives contain just the .war files.

Or should I use an earlier jenkins.war file, create a totally separate
install and migrate over job by job and run in parallel until I know all is
okay?

Suggestions?

Thank you.