You could fork, make the patch and create a pull request if one hasn't been
made already. That would probably help get it done faster.

Sent from my Windows Phone
------------------------------
From: Tomasz Arendt
Sent: 1/10/2013 7:39 AM
To: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: jenkins/hudson problem with changelog when updating files from
svn:externals

Hi,
 I would like to refer to your ticket:
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-12127?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel

I have added comment for the above and I am looking forward for any help:

"I am using hudson and when updating svn view which consists of externals
only, every update on subdirectories (from externals) is updated in hudson
workspace but changelog says that nothing was modified and the file
changelog.xml is wrong (has only "<log/>" string inside)  It seems like
JENKINS-12127 <https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-12127> patch
could fix it but ticket is still open and not resolved yet. This is a
mustbe functionality for me. Some other plugins depends on changelog for
example 'Scan for compiler warnings' will not be launched because of empty
changelog.

Could you tell me if it is going to be delivered?
Kindly waiting for response."

Best Regards,
Tom