On Jan 16, 2013, at 6:31 PM, Ulli Hafner <ullrich.haf...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Why does the Checkstyle page viewer need the full paths? All it needs to do
>> is output the given file name (regardless of whether it exists or not) and
>> the warnings/errors for those files.
>>
>> If it wants to use the paths to display samples of the code, how does that
>> work for old builds? Files could have been moved by then, or Jenkins might
>> be installed in a different location etc. Unless it caches the samples
>> during the build this doesn't scale very well.
>>

> The checkstyle plug-in creates a copy for each file that contains a warning.
> If the file does not exist, then you just can't navigate to the source code -
> the rest of the plug-in should work without any problems…
>
> Ulli

I don't care much about navigating the source code.

All I want is to see the warnings that jshint outputted in the Checkstyle XML
file given to Jenkins via Violations.

Right now all I see isa number and a couple of files with broken links. I can't
read the actual warnings (which is the whole point, otherwise I can just have
the output go to the console output and read the xml directly, I'm using this
plugin to visualise the data).

I don't need it to do any fancy fetching of the files themselves, just read the
xml file and show each message for each file name.

It shouldn't fall flat on its face just because it doesn't know how to resolve
the file name. Checkstyle reports don't need to have absolute or (currently)
existing file paths. All the information is right there in the xml file.

-- Tem