Hi

I'm using the git plugin and trying to write a post-receive hook to
trigger polling of the SCM to see if a new build should be triggered.
I'm using the following to get Jenkins to poll the SCM

/usr/bin/curl $JENKINS/git/notifyCommit?url=$REPO&branches=master

this seems to be working great, i.e. a new build is scheduled if
appropriate. However the post-receive hook outputs:

Scheduled polling of Project

I don't want this information displayed, I'd just like the polling to
be scheduled. If I run the curl command from the terminal prompt I
get:

$ curl $JENKINS/git/notifyCommit?url=$REPO&branches=master
[1] 38610
$ Scheduled polling of Project

[1]+  Done                    curl $JENKINS/git/notifyCommit?url=$REPO
$

I have been trying to suppress this output by appending "> /dev/null
2>&1" but hat still results in the output.

Is there a way I can suppress this output and just silently schedule a polling?

Cheers

Adam