It might be useful to glance over the plugin source code and check what kind of
things the plugin logs with debug level. Then go to Manage Jenkins, System Logs
and set up a new debug level logger for the active directory plugin. Maybe you
will learn more this way.

And if the plugin does not log enough, you could fork the plugin and add more
logging yourself.

-- Sami