Jenkins will not build your linux distribution for you. But if you have a
script that does it, Jenkins can run that script.

So it all depends on how your linux distribution is built, what tools does it
use, how are those tools run and where and in what kind of environment are they
run...

In general, I think a linux distribution is such a huge piece of software that
you are anyway better off studying the distribution's build process and using
it as is or only tweaking it as little as possible for your needs. Coming up
with your own build process with Jenkins in mind would probably be a gargantuan
effort.

You can probably still use Jenkins to run the build scripts, distribute the
work and collect the results. But how exactly to do that depends heavily on the
details of the distro's build process.

-- Sami