Hello Jenkins Users,

I am looking for a way to send an email, using Email-Ext plugin, based on the
result of a custom  conditional. Reading the  Email-Ext page, it can be
triggered with build result statuses, but that is a static list as far I can
tell.  The other way I thought of to send an email  is using the run condition
plugin since is able to be used with build-steps and publishers, through the
flexible-publish plugin, but it does not work with the notifier plugins such as
Email-Ext...so that is a dead end.

One  'ugly' workaround I have thought of would be  to set the build result,
based on a Boolean conditional, to an unused  status such as 'Not Built' hoping
it won't collide with it in the future. I would then use that to send an email
with the Email-Ext plugin and trigger it on 'Not Built' .

Any thoughts on possible solutions?

Mark Bretl
GemFire & SQLFire Build Engineer
Member of Technical Staff