Kevin,

I agree with you. How can that be implemented?

All,

It appears to me that Jenkins does not work well with this use case:

* master HEAD is release version 1 (v1) of product.
* 4 features ABCD that are implemented on git branches ABCD respectively
based on v1
* Jenkins project to build every branch
* Changes are implemented with one commit per branch (developers are
exceptional)
* Changes are merged without conflict to master as version 2 (v2)

How do I get Jenkins to tell me that v2 contains JIRA issues ABCD without
scripting this myself? The git plugin does not see any changes when ABCD
are built and when v2 is created. Am I outside the assumed use cases of
Jenkins/git here?

Brian