On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Scott Ellis <jackett_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Our shop gets around this by using the "Run SSH command on slave" option
>> to start our slaves, and specifying a shell script that rsyncs a tools
>> directory from the master to the slave before starting the slave process.
>> The master tools directory contains the JDK plus all the tools we need such
>> as Ant, Maven, Groovy and so on.  This has the added advantage that we can
>> push tool updates out to all the slaves by just updating the master
>> directory and restarting the slaves.
>

> This I think would solve my issue, but I am a rookie Linux user and do not
> know much about his subject.  Some, but not enough.  I would love it if
> someone could explain to me how to get my groovy installation to the slave
> node.  I know there is an option to install automatically, which I've
> attempted, but I don't see anything.  Where does it go if it works?  My
> build slave node home appears to be at
> /Users/Shared/Jenkins/Home/jenkins-slaves/build-slave (build-slave being the
> name I've assigned it).  I'm good right now with simply copying my groovy
> installation onto the slave node, but where should it go?

I think the slave downloads directly from the internet if you use the
auto-install option and it goes in the slave's home directory.   I
haven't used this specifically for groovy libraries, but for other
components we have a directory shared from the jenkins server (but it
could be any common server) via both nfs and samba, and windows node
access it via UNC paths (\\server\path) and all linux nodes mount it
in the same location.

--
   Les Mikesell
       lesmikes...@gmail.com