I'm in the same boat.  The definition of a pipeline is based on
upstream/downstream dependencies:  "In order to better support this process, we
have developed the Build Pipeline Plugin. This gives the ability to form a
chain of jobs based on their upstream\downstream dependencies. Downstream jobs
may, as per the default behaviours, be triggered automatically ,or by a
suitable authorised user manually triggering it." (from the jenkins plug-in
page: https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Build+Pipeline+Plugin)

What I started looking into is first, create a Starter, which I would call with
a URL with parameters.  For instance:

Trigger the STARTER job via URL, like

http://jenkins.acme.org/job/parameterized-build/buildWithParameters?VERSION=1.2.3
 OR

http://jenkins.acme.org/job/parameterized-build/buildWithParameters?VERSION=1.2.4
 OR

http://jenkins.acme.org/job/parameterized-build/buildWithParameters?VERSION=1.2.5
 ETC….

The STARTER job would then pass those parameters to the PIPELINE using the
"Trigger Parameterized Build on Other Projects" post-build action (plug-in
here:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Parameterized+Trigger+Plugin),
which would then kick off the PIPELINE presumably with the parameters that I
passed in via URL call.

After a few tries initially, this wasn't working for me.  The goal is to send
unique triggers via URL to a pipeline and have the pipeline build according to
the parameters which will be passed job to job to job all the way down the
pipeline.  That way, I only need on job per "build" and one pipeline, but it
hasn't worked for me yet and at the moment, I haven't had time to experiment
any further.  I just duplicated the jobs, each with unique parameters for now
to get past a deadline.

If you have any success, please share.  I don't know if I'm going the right way
about accomplishing this but in theory, it sounds like it's a good plan.

Best,
Pete