Problem:
I want to add a user to the Jenkins user list to give him job control in
Jenkins, but Jenkins tells me the user already exists.
The login ID I want to create is not in the list shown in the Manage Users
page.

Background:
Using Jenkins 1.492 on Windows with Perforce (version control) plugin.
The user in question has been submitting Perforce change lists for awhile
and they have been included in CI job runs,

When I saw the error message, I had the feeling that the user account name
I was trying to create may already exist because the ID is the same as that
user's Perforce login ID.
I clicked on the "People" link on the main page, but after 10 minutes or
so, the page shows "Aborted" in the progress bar.  Tried several times with
same result.

If the display of people ever finished, what would I do then to create the
desired Jenkins login ID?

Thanks!
Richard