What version are you using?

The newer version's read the build history on demand.

And you can control the memory usage as well via parameters like:

JAVA_ARGS="-Djava.awt.headless=true -Xms1g -Xmx10g -XX:MaxPermSize=1G -XX:+UseParNewGC"

This is a very optimal setup for us. ~100 nodes, ~200 jobs with thousands of tests (heavy loaded jenkins cluster running 0-24 and building continuously)

April 15, 2013 10:14 AM
Hi,

Jenkins seems to consume an awful lot of memory. As I understand it is due to keeping build logs in memory for one. My question is what other factors influence jenkins' memory consumption and what can I do about it? Also, is there a way to flush the memory on demand or force a GC without restarting the server?
Thanks for your answers!

Viktor

--
Adam PAPAI