On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 8:14 AM,  <roehn...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> I think the typical way to handle this in subversion is to make each
>> project that builds separately have its own trunk/branches/tags tree
>> and every part that needs to include components from a separate area
>> would use svn externals to pull them into a checkout.
>

> This seems too complicated for my use case. Do you agree?

No, any time you are re-using components, svn externals make a lot of
sense.  And you should almost never have to check out the whole
trunk/branches/tags tree at once.

>> Yes, that is the layout your job requests.  But what I meant was that
>> on the 2nd and subsequent runs of this job,  jenkins should be doing
>> an 'svn update' into those existing workspaces which should not be an
>> expensive operation even if you have to repeat it a few times.
>

> Alright. So there just is no way to have a multi configuration job reuse the
> same checkout?

No, in the general case, the jobs will run on different slaves and may
be checked out with different native line endings.  And they may run
in parallel so they can't use the same workspace.  If you are really
just doing everything in one build on one host, why not write your own
script wrapper to handle the variations?

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikes...@gmail.com