If you're using ant... are you making use of <parallel>?

For my own use case I needed to run multiple builds of the same code
that's managed using maven. I ended up using schroot to create
separate environments for each variant to run so I could run them in
parallel. Before this we were having weird build conflicts where
multiple jobs were trying to update the maven local artifact
repository at the same time causing conflicts.

Ben