21.05.2013 00:09, Chanda Unmack kirjoitti:

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Alex Grönholm <alex.gronh...@nextday.fi <mailto:alex.gronh...@nextday.fi>> wrote:

    20.05.2013 19:03, Chanda Unmack kirjoitti:
    I had a similar situation with git - I found the best way to see
    what's going on is to set up a test job that does a ssh -vvv to
    the git server (Mercurial in your case)
    That showed me which keys it was using and whether or not it
    actually used the .ssh/config file
    Apparently Mercurial uses TortoisePlink.exe for SSH connections.
    I'm not quite sure where to put my mercurial.ini so it will be
    used for Jenkins activities (the build slave service is running as
    the "Local System account")

In my searches I found an article that showed the "Local System account" home directory to be in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile But, I also had set the Environment variables in the node definition to set the HOME variable to be c:\jenkins so that I could set the .ssh up there. Doing the ssh -vvv verified that it was using that directory and the key file within. I did see pages on getting Plink ssh working, but didn't bookmark them as it didn't apply to me - I'm sure a quick search would turn those up

The problem seems to be that if anything goes wrong, tortoiseplink will try to display an error dialog, which in a headless environment causes it to silently hang. Makes it really hard to diagnose. The furthest I got was running hg clone manually (using plink) but it just freezes completely after authenticating, no errors, nothing. I have no clue how to debug this now. Everything works smoothly when I do it manually from the command line, but not when done remotely by Jenkins. Adding -batch in the plink arguments didn't help either.

    hth
    chanda

    On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Alex Grönholm