Check the logs when this is happening. I've had issues with some old
plugins in the past with similar behavior. Luckily they were plugins that
were no longer used in my instance, so removal of them fixed it for me. I'd
also check your javascript console for any possible errors like
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-18585 (which mentioned some
plugins).