Hi - we have broken our build/deploy process into distinct build,
test, deploy and scheduled FTP processes. These jobs all share some
common variables, release number being one of them. Currently release
number is manually set each step of the way.
It is my hope to create a job that defines all of these variables and
then to have other jobs "use scm from this project" and inherit these
parameters. However it is not working as I expected it to., the
parameters don't seem to be passed down.
Am I on the wrong track? Is there a way to do what I want to do?
Thanks.