Dear all,

I have a quite interesting use-case for the Jenkins community.

Okay, here's the problem statement:

I have a robotic system, the system consists of several components,
not all necessarily written in the same language and don't use the same
start-up mechanism. I need to start a couple of components (binaries and
also scripts) check if they are running (e.g. one job per component) and
based
on their status, I need to trigger subsequent jobs. After those subsequent
jobs
have been running, I'd like to "kill" all other upstream jobs - in a way,
they don't
indicate failure unless the started component exits, i.e., "-1"

*How would you do that?
*

1) I looked at the join trigger plugin (doesn't work)
2) Groovy scripts (doesn't work either)

Any idea?

cheers,
 Florian