We have been using the Perforce plugin for quite some time and usually when
I see that error it is because the password is not correct.  I am using a
slightly older version of the plugin (1.3.19).  You may try to check the
box to expose the P4PASSWD in the environment and then check to see if it
is getting set properly.  You may also want to check the P4TICKET in the
environment and make sure it is valid.

Mark