Problem is resolved: jnlp connect from a slave to a master from the
command line

We were trying to tunnel jnlp through port 22, which was being used by the
sshd daemon on the jenkins box, and this daemon gave an unexpected response
. So we removed the tunneling. And additionally, our fixed JNLP port was
being blocked by the firewall, and we were using incompatible versions of
the JDK, so now after removing the firewall, and using the correct version
of java that matches the one on the jenkins box, the process is running
fine.