I have a job that has been running for a while, and the sidebar reports it
as running on slave 'jenkins-2'.

This is an SSH slave. The connection, IP &c all look fine.

The job is taking a while, So I look at the logfile. It reports:

No such file:
/home/jenkins/.jenkins/jobs/gerrit-preflight/builds/2013-07-23_06-40-53/log

Umm. So then I notice

Started 3 hr 11 min ago
Build has been executing for 3 hr 11 min on master

Which is odd - we never run jobs on master.

So there seems to be some discrepancy - part of Jenkins thinks it's
running on a slave, and some other part thinks it isn't.

(Latest versions of Jenkins & all plugins...)