Hi All,

We've noticed that some of our jobs are leaving core files in /coredumps and we'd like to archive those as artifacts when that happens.

So, how do we do that?

If I put "/coredumps/*" in as a "Pattern for files to be deleted" the workspace cleanup plugin silently does nothing. Why is that?

Okay, so work around that with a "rm -f /coredumps/*" at the start of the jobs.

So, setting /coredumps/** as a "Files to archive" pattern doesnt work:

- if there are core files there, they're ignored and I get an error "No artifacts that match the file pattern "/coredump/**". Why is that?

- if there are no core files, I get the same error, but for a different reason.

So, to work around that, what I'd *like* to do is:

tar czf $WORKSPACE/coredumps.tgz /coredumps

...but where do I put this? core dumps are, you know, most likely when a build has failed ;-)

How can I get a shell command to execute as a post-build action?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk